Trindade not Trinidad

So the next stop on our travels was a tiny high up jungly spot called Trindade, a little way along from Paraty (the southern coast of Brasil). It fealt like being on a tropical island.
We were told on Trindade that we must go and see the natural pool. It's an area on the beach sheltered by large stones which means there aren't really any waves and it's very calm.

It was beautiful but absolutely packed. Also nothing against brazilians, but man they wear skimpy bikini bottoms. I'll stick to my high waisted 50s style one thank you!

I found a rock shaped like a canoe and set up camp. I basically read Middlesex and sunbathed for an hour or so, i'm not the biggest fan of the sea :/

Bob did get me in the sea but he's a bit more enthusiastic than me (in general really.)

I really liked this big rock and how it was just out there on its own like that. If I had been braver I would have swum out to it. Ah coulda woulda shoulda!

Our hostel was owned by a lovely couple but yes it was a bit ramshackle. I did enjoy Brasil but nothing could ever compare to our next stop, Argentina.


But now back home in the countryside, things are a little boring but by choosing to stay here instead of London I'm saving money and the travelling really drained my account. I'm just sitting around panicking about my dissertation and procrastinating by drawing lots. I went into London an retrieved my scanner I should have some new drawings to come.

I got a tripod for a fiver that's actually not too bad so in the next few weeks I want to go to my parent's allotment and learn the ins and outs.

I also like going to see the donkies that live in the field next to the allotment. They might be fun to sketch on a hot day.

When Bob an I get our own place next year I have a list of flowers I want to grow. Red sunflowers are definately up there.
an we will live here!

Comments

Popular Posts